When you’re getting ready to meet with your tax preparer, having the necessary records and information with you will ensure that your meeting is a productive one.
- Proof of identification (photo ID) such as driver’s license, state-issued picture ID, military ID with picture, or U.S. passport
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, 1099-R, 1099-Misc) from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- Affordable Health Care Statements (all Forms 1095)
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
- Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable
When in doubt, bring anything you think maybe pertinent to your tax return especially if you are self-employed, own a small business or own rental property. Consulting with a tax expert will ensure you can claim all the exemptions, deductions and credits you deserve.
At Account On Us, you can rest assured that you are dealing with a tax preparer that is highly trusted and respected in the community. We are a Diamond Parter in the St. Cloud Chamber of Commerce and have been on the Board of Directors for many years. We are here to serve, guide and direct you. If you’re looking for the best in accounting service, payroll services, tax planning and more… call us at 407.892.1066!