It may sound crazy to be thinking about next year’s tax return. However, now is the best time to do a mid-year tax planning checkup to see if you’re on track so you can make adjustments now to reduce your taxes. Here are some things to do:
- File your tax return if you filed an extension.
- Get your records and receipts in order and organized in one file now.
- Keep track of expenses that are deductible in case you itemize.
- Review your previous tax return with your preparer.
- Adjust your withholding especially if you owed money last year.
- Keep your children’s summer day camp receipts.
- Donate to charity and get a receipt in case you itemize.
- Contribute to your retirement plan.
- Reassess your estimated tax payments if you have income not subject to withholding.
At Account On Us, we value our years of experience. You can rest assured that you are dealing with an accounting firm that is highly trusted and respected in the Central Florida. We are here to serve, guide and direct you. If you’re looking for the best in accounting service, payroll services, tax planning and more… call us at 407.892.1066!